Callinectes-ish!


Only those who know breeds of crabs will understand the title of this painting!  I began painting crabs several years ago, and they are always so much fun with great opportunities for color and portrayal of wetness. Personality can evolve as well once eyes are added.  Several layers of paint created lots of scumbling effects throughout this piece, especially in the neutral areas--there are lots of colors that come through.

Acrylic on Canvas with Gloss Varnish, 18x18, $395 plus $20 shipping.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Love this new crab, Carole! Such a broad use of color and texture...
Stefanie said…
Love it, love it, love it! I wish I would've known about the class you taught this. Beautiful, keep on painting and I know you will.
Carole Foret said…
Thank you so much! Stefanie, don't miss a thing and simply start receiving my e-newsletters about class offerings! You can do so on the sidebar of this blog.

Thank you again!

Popular Posts