Hello Dolly! This is Louis, Dolly!


Another in my ongoing series of singers / musicians--it's the Great Satchmo!  With my Louisiana roots and love of New Orleans, it is very fitting that I would love the sounds of Louis Armstrong.  Just playing jazz while working on this piece fueled my inspiration and got my brushes going!  Anytime you see images of Louis, he usually has his handkerchief with him to wipe his brow.  Would have loved seeing him in person!  My Dad got to a few times while in college--before Louis was very popular.  Dad says it was amazing to watch him!

Oil on Canvas, 16x20, $2500 plus $25 shipping. Call the studio: 256-232-2521 for purchase.





Comments

Claire Kayser said…
I can just HEAR that horn blowing right now! Love it, Sis!
Claire Kayser said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carole Foret said…
Thank you! I wish I had more time to devote to this series, but it's getting there--I've got a great body of singers in the gallery right now! Almost done with Nat King Cole. ;)
Carole Foret said…
Thank you! I wish I had more time to devote to this series, but it's getting there--I've got a great body of singers in the gallery right now! Almost done with Nat King Cole. ;)
Terri Simmons said…
Carol! I love this piece... it is so alive with the mood of his music! Listening to him always makes me happy. Really quite spectacular!
Carole Foret said…
Terri, thank you! Awesome to know that the effect in creating the piece by listening to his music is also experienced in viewing it. There will be more to come!

Popular Posts