Alabama Campus


This is a painting that I worked on for weeks and weeks.  It was like 8 paintings in one.  But more than anything, it was a challenge to actually put my heart into something my heart is opposed to!  I am an Auburn graduate commissioned to paint much of the University of Alabama campus!  How in the world could I do such a thing??  Money!  And this was done for one of my best clients ever.  This painting adds to her collection as probably the 11th or 12th painting she owns by me.  So, yes, I could find it in my heart to do this for her--especially since her husband actually commissioned it for her 50th birthday.  Sweet, huh?  The buildings in the painting are all buildings that she visited most while she was in college there.  Very special.




The day I finished it, I was studying it as I do all my paintings once I believe I have finished them.  I was sipping coffee out of my favorite mug. ;)  I love irony....Thanks to my wonderful clients!


Comments

Bubba said…
Wow. Are you going to offer prints of this? I am interested if you do. Please do!! Roll Tide!!!!
Carole Foret said…
Hi Bubba,yes! I do offer prints. All you need to do is let me know what size you're interested in, and I'll give you a price. Once ordered, it takes about 4 or 5 business days to get it in. It can even be drop-shipped straight to you! Thank you for your interest in my work!

Popular Posts