Beach Study


In working on this really large painting for a client, I had run into an issue of working with the photos they gave me of each of the family members. Each is looking toward the camera, and I found it hard to not make the painting like a portrait. So, after looking at several photos of them, I came up with this idea that I really had envisioned for the painting--each of them doing something on the beach with a dramatic sky and other elements from photos they gave me--the island in the distance, a boat, etc. I'm pleased with this idea for them and am waiting to hear if they will go for this. The only thing I plan to do different from this study is to make the figures a bit larger, which will mean bringing the view in closer, eliminating a bit of the sandy area.

Oil on panel, 12x16, $450 plus $10 shipping SOLD

Comments

Anonymous said…
I really love your 2 beach scenes. You really have a grasp on clouds. Very nice!
Claire Kayser said…
love this, carole!!! Great, dramatic sky, and I love the umbrellas and the people. Well done!!

(typed with "touch!")
Carole Foret said…
Thank you "anonymous" and Claire. The clients liked it too, and their big one is about done. This helped me alot in the process this week...

Popular Posts