Rosemary Sugar Shack



Last weekend at Rosemary Beach, I took about 45 minutes to go outside and paint-- plein air out in the open area in front of the Town Hall--I was dying to get out with my French easel and just paint. Anywhere you look offers such a great painting idea. So, I did it! It was so much fun. The light was changing so quickly as it was near sunset. IT was exhilarating to paint fast and get the paint on there. That's why this painting is so loose--painted fast with alot of gestural strokes. The texture is due to thick and chunky underpainting. What do you think?

Below is a shot of me taken by my sister who had run and gotten us each a Starbucks at the cute little coffee shop right there. You can see the paitning of the Rosemary Starbucks below in another post.


Acrylic on Canvas, 12x12, $300 plus $10 shipping SOLD


Comments

Anonymous said…
love how this turned out and especially the looseness--its wonderful. it was really cool to watch you painting out there that day. nice to meet you!

Popular Posts